MY FIRST LOVE
Who do you think is my first love? It's not a person, not even an interest, but an institution that made me value my faith more, it made me the person I am and it made me love and forgive my neighbor more and more. Yes you guessed it right The Holy Catholic Church.
I lived in Bandra West the Queen of the Suburbs. The It place for people to be in the 80's and 90's. Even then, the beautiful Band Stand, the lovely weather, the places to shop and the places to eat were so special. Im not surprised now why most of our Bollywood actors live there.
It was also the place which had so many churches St Francis of Assisi, Mount Mary's, Mount Carmel, St Peters, St Andrew etc. and having grown up in such a place, made me visit most of the churches with my parents and neighbours.
If not me who could love the Church the most and an incident that happened 40 years ago confirmed it. Now, don't guess my age please..😁
I was in the 2nd standard, 7 years old. Every Sunday at 4pm we used to have our Catechism Classes(religious studies for catholic students) One afternoon mom sseeing that I was fast asleep didn't want to disturb me. Thus allowing me to continue sleeping. After awhile I suddenly get up and looking at the time i realized that I missed my catechism class. I was so upset and cried bitterly as I never missed my classes. I was very angry with mom for not waking me up in time.
I know you may find this funny as any person of my age would cry for their favorite toy or ice cream etc but here I was crying for missing these classes. This incident made me understand that I loved the church very much and I would not trade it for anyone or anything in the world. It is the place that gives me a deep sense of peace and calmness. This love for the church has only kept growing, it has kept me close to my Lord, it keeps making me humble, It helps me be truthful to who I am and who I dream to be. It makes me grow in love and forgiveness for myself and Gods people.
Thank you Lord for the gift of your Church ⛪
Comments
Post a Comment