BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
Another year of not writing on my blog 😒 but the thought doesn't leave me. Fellow writers where in the world do you get ideas be it at home or outside. Well I get the best ideas in the bathroom 😁 ok ill write on this topic, that topic but I never do it. This has been my slogan since years 'Better late than never' I've been pursuing many of my so called small dreams in the hope that one day God will help me make them come true. Today let me take you on a journey of my quest to become a Music Teacher.
I had a wonderful piano teacher George Sir he was the best music teacher for me. I worked in the Corporate sector and I was neither interested in making music my profession. But not sure what hit me to say this, If I'm a music teacher, I'll be one like George Sir coz I saw his passion for his students and towards the subject.
Just saying that I think opened doors for me, as I deeply loved music as a child, Ive sang all my life, led choirs, participated and won in so many singing competitions but never thought of music as a profession. Unknowingly I started searching how to become a good music teacher? *and I saved a beautiful article what! did I leave my corporate job, No. Did I get a job as a music teacher? No.
I also started designing my musical CV. Wow Hazel. Imagine changing everything written on my Resume to a musical one. Crazy. For me it was very very interesting. Putting my life on that CV. Isn't it great to showcase all that I've achieved in the Field of Music as a toddler till now. I did it and then what did I do? I kept sending it out to recruiters etc. I kept going for interviews to schools and nothing clicked.
2020 the Pandemic struck and it was a boon to me, I started teaching privately, I realized that music was more thrilling, more fulfilling. It was making me more and more happier than my corporate job. Thus, I quit my job 'Better late than never'😊
From then on life has been rocking. Im singing more. I'm living my dreams of teaching Music. There's so much to learn and teach.
And yes I need to give you'll a good news. When I was at home in 1 year or so. I receive an email from Naukri Gulf(recruiters)😅 saying that, my CV is shortlisted for the post of Music Teacher. Wasn't I waiting of this? Yes badly since so many years, but I didn't know it.
I was reading that * beautiful article from my music files and guess what? I printed that article in the year 2013 and I got the job in March 2023. 10 years wow of making me understand Hazel do you really value the music profession. Hazel do you really understand how much you love Music.Hazel do you remember how passionate you are about music. Hazel do you know your talented etc.etc Friends God knew my potential but did I know it? Did I believe in it? Did I love it with all my heart? Yes he made me ready for my job and his timing is always the best.
So friends its ok if you're late 'Better late than never' its ok if you don't get the courage to pursue your dreams ' Better late than never', its ok if people make fun of you for what you are most passionate about. Just do it. ' Better late than never'
Comments
Post a Comment