LET IT SHINE

When I walked into my boarding school at Mount Marys Convent Bandra Mumbai in the year 1990 I was in my 5th std then, in a matter of time I missed my parents and I kept crying ' I want to go home'. 

One day when I was at the small girls dressing room, the hostel warden Sr.Clara was braiding a girls hair into the famous French plait and I stood there looking at her as I loved combing peoples hair. I told her ' Sister I too know how to make a French plait' she replied 'Really? I thought you only had one slogan I want to go home, I want to go home 😁 

She then spoke to us about the upcoming fancy dress competition and she asked everyone that she needed volunteers to sing back stage for the contestants enacting on the stage.She asked ' does anyone know the song 'Great indeed are your works O Lord' I raised my hand as I knew it. She said 'Ok Hazel can you sing backstage for the girl who will act as a Plant' I eagerly agreed.Then she said does anyone know the song 'Like a sunflower' I again raised my hand 😂 I was a part of the church choir of Mount Marys Church and we were blessed with a superb choir master Fr. Prax. We used to sing for 2 masses on Sunday and those were the best days of my life.

I remember another instance, mom left me for my further studies to St Agnes College Hostel Mangalore and I walked upstairs sadly to my room, I heard Sr. Jeswinas voice 'if any of you would like to join the college choir do come down'  my joy knew no bounds I ran up kept my stuff and ran down as I couldn't miss it. I loved singing in the Choir. As I joined the College choir for the first time, I was so blessed to hear them singing so beautifully. My class was filled with the best singers of the college. The choir leader a girl named Sharon gave me the opportunity to lead a hymn, that I was hearing for the very first time, it was called 'Gentle Woman' a beautiful hymn for Mama Mary and I was so happy.

What a joy it was for me the following day, as it was my birthday 15 July, and also the first day at college and since 16 July was Mount Carmel's Feast(Mama Marys feast )I sang this hymn for her and also felt so belonged there.

This passion for singing was engrained in me since a very young age and wherever I went my passion to Sing followed me, be it the church, the school, college, university, boarding, hostel and it still does. 

When, it's God given talent, it will never leave you till, you accept it, till you love it and till you value it.
It wont leave you till you use it, till you work hard on it and till you be happy using it. 

In the Bible the Gospel of Mathew ch 5:14-16

You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lamp stand where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Heavenly Father.


So let it shine all the time, let it shine, a beautiful hymn 😍





Comments

Popular Posts