PATIENCE IN ACTION
I was a hesitant and a fearful driver and I'm sure the instructors at the public driving school sensed it. They wrote me off saying ' I don't think you can ever drive a car, you can't even control the car' Indeed I failed my driving test couple of times and when I was 5 months pregnant with my first child, I finally got my driving license. But after all that I heard from my previous instuctors, I wanted to be a good driver. Immediately after delivery, I wanted to get better and confident with my driving and it was a dream to get back to work, driving the car.
I didnt have the confidence after all my past failed attempts thus i wanted to take some classes before i start driving all by myself. Few friends suggested a private instructor who had trained them. This man I would say, took away all my fears of driving 😁
His patience with me from day one was immense. One day I surprised him, we were driving on a highway and he asked me to turn the steering wheel alittle to my right. I didn't hear him well and unintentially turned the wheel a full turn and to my shock, we were staring and looking at the cars who were coming towards us 😟 I was terrified, not of the cars but of the instructor, he for sure was going to kill me. But God saved us as the cars were quite at distance. My instructor quickly put the handbrake down, told me to come out of the car and He sat in the drivers seat, turned the car back and we drove away. (Silence) He then stopped the car at the side and as I awaited the thunder, I was met with calmness. He just said a line 'Hazel what was this?' and told me to come out and get back to my drivers seat. What!! I never expected this kind of reaction and specially not, after I remembered the comments of my previous instructors. But his way of handling the situation built me up tremendously.
In a short period of time the most fearful driver became the most confident driver 😂😎
I still remember all the driving tips he gave me, which will stay etched in my heart forever, as this man took courage to train me with patience, and I'll always be thankful and grateful to him for his confidence in me.
Dear Friends It's easy to write off a person but it takes courage to stand by them at all times thick or thin and see them transform. Im sure if I meet him, he will be very proud of my driving. Not sure if he'll remember the incident as, a man of his calibre will rarely remember a persons mistakes. But I will 😃
Knowing him, ive understood he wont care much as his purpose was just to ensure that he will make you drive and that too drive to the best. He loved his job and he was doing it with utmost passion.
I'm glad i had an instructor like him as after singing and music i'm crazy about Driving 😍
Comments
Post a Comment