SEE THE GOOD

I love my motherland, my country India. I was born in Karkala my moms hometown 2 hours away from Mangalore City. My dads native place was Kallianpur. I was brought up in Mumbai(Bombay then) Growing up, these were the few places I knew. That was India for me 😃  I loved the fast enjoyable life in Mumbai the fun, my favorite food and drinks bhel puri, vada pao, bora with salt, limca, thumbs up taste the thunder, five star, dairy milk, East Indian potato chops, Easter eggs, marzipan sweets. In the rains we wore our raincoats and ran with our gumboots into the muddy water created coz of the rain, splish splash, me eating a plum outside our long veranda and looking at the rain. We watching our favorite TV Serials Mahabarat, Ramayana,Chitrahaar, Vikram Vikram Vikram Betaal Betaal 😂 The festivals Christmas, Diwali,Eid, Holi and how we celebrated it together as one family in unity. I will specially remember the Diwali crackers and throwing water balloons on peoples heads 😄

The best time in India were the monsoon season, rainy days and we would wait for the monsoon holidays. We along with our parents would go to Mangalore (Kallianpur and Karkala) .It was a day 24 hours journey from Mumbai by bus. I waited for it eagerly as I could travel by bus and watch so many movies at least 2 in those days. Im talking about the 1980's-1990's. The bus used to stop over for food and for us to go to the toilets(sometimes even in the forests) heee.... and then to also brush our teeth 😁 and Breakfast. We played Antakshri(a musical game of the ending letter ) with all the passengers in the bus. We became friends with them in only few hours of spending time with them.  Mangalore was a different world so scenic, trees all over and as I passed the mountains of Karkala I felt so nostalgic. You feel that emotion, when you visit your birthplace. We along with our cousins collecting mangoes, cashews(those red ones with looked like a mini umbrella for me) jackfruits,kori roti 😋 etc. How I miss those days.

Life for us Indians was simple then, as we looked at the good in everything. We looked for meaning in every little food, thing and event and it brought back love, adventure and so much joy into our life.
My country taught me to respect elders, be united, be helpful, enjoy the simplicities of life, be humble, enjoy the diversity and culture.  

'Life is simple lets not make it complicated'. Let's always look for the good in everyone, everything and every place and you will be a happier person.


Im a proud Indian 


Jai Hind 




Comments

Popular Posts