WHAT MAKES ME COME ALIVE
'It took me so many years to understand, what I'm truly passionate about'
Have you ever faced such an issue in your life. All the time you see people praise you for that skill, for that magical talent, but you seldom take it seriously for reasons still unknown?
I joined FitnesswithUrvi in the year 2011 when my second child was 2 years old. Im so happy that the instructor who spoke to me at that time, told me there were only few seats available. Every time the instructor a dynamic woman, started class I kept going crazy at the choice of her songs, and the way she conducted herself. Her apt selection of songs and the perfect beats to match every step of her workout.
In school I was always into sports, and keeping fit even after marriage and motherhood made me a happier person. Still I couldn't understand what was the driving force that made me look upto her and her classes. I'll get to it soon 😃
I then joined Mace Springs Toastmasters Club a beautiful platform to develop your public speaking, communication and leadership skills. But for me, it was the platform that made me discover what I missed the most, what I was so passionate about, what motivated me, what charged me and what excited me. It made me discover my passion that made me come alive and that is....................MUSIC MUSIC and only MUSIC 😍
My first speech at my club started with a song. For another speech I remember talking about the beats in music. My themes as TMOD(Toastmaster of the Day or the MC) always had something to do with music to name a few ' The magical world of Music', 'My gift is Music, what's yours?etc.
When Covid 19 struck the world, the Music bug struck me so badly. I would Eat Music, Drink Music and Sleep Coca Cola 😛 Sleep Only Music Friends.
Getting back to Fitness classes after the Pandemic it then started sinking, ok now i get what was the driving force to Urvi's fitness class. It was her MUSIC that made me come alive. It challenged me to push myself to workout harder, it made me feel a confident person, it made me feel, that with music I can face any challenge, it made me work out with attitude. Every song took me back to my childhood, college and uni days when all would ask me to sing to break the monotony of lectures😁, It made me remember how in my hostel I couldn't come of the bathroom as from the other side someone was waiting for me to sing for them their favorite song 😂. I had so much fun singing and many a times as I sang a Hindi song I would also be amazed how it led me to the melody of an English song with the same tune eg: Hello Hello Bolke ...... Buffalo soldier in a heart of America..😉
Singing and Music was my life and it made me very happy. I could stay forever in the bathroom and keep singing 😍
What's your purpose in life friends? Is it only your career? Your achievements? Your titles? This will come and go but the joy that comes when you pursue your passion will never fade.
'Go find out what makes you come alive and pursue it with Passion' 😎
My fitness class:
My home club:
Mace Springs Toastmasters Club
Comments
Post a Comment