THRILLED TO WRITE
Phew its been 2 long years that I haven't written anything on this blog. Well that's me Hazel a procastinator, a lazy woman, who works in her own sweet time, who always thought she wasn't good enough until she joined 'Toastmasters'.
Hey What did Toastmasters do? Well tell me what it didn't do. It made me crazy about 'WRITING'
The first time I wrote my speech it ran into pages. I just wanted to tell everyone about my life in 4-6 minutes.
Then I began writing my contest speeches(toastmasters holds an annual speech contest yearly) Its soon going to soon be 7 years in Toastmasters and imagine I've written 7 or 8 powerful speeches not for my audience but for myself. These have been my life stories that broke me, healed me, picked me up and made me the happy person I am.
I started writing my posts on IG. When the world would tell you IG was only for pictures I use it to write what i'm inspired about.
Then came Linkedln etc etc.
What writing does to you?
Writing makes me happy.
Writing makes me discover myself.
Writing is therapeutic.
Writing takes you back in time and renews you.
Writing calms you.
The thought about writing anything thrills me. It doesn't matter if I write or don't write but It does matter that my mind is happy just with the thought to write.
And that's the gift Toastmasters gave me and ill always be indebted to it.
Try it and tell me what it does to you.
Comments
Post a Comment